ROLE SUMMARY: The Generator Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on generators as well as providing excellent customer service and keeping accurate records.
- Perform generator preventive maintenance, inspections, and repairs.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic testing including alternators, wiring harness, safety devices, shutdown switches and battery systems.
- Perform load-bank testing with full understanding of reactive/resistive testing.
- Knowledge of ATS systems and Generator controls.
- Repair and troubleshoot engines; Kohler, Cummins, Cat, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, Doosan, MTU & Volvo.
- Communicate effectively with customers of varying levels of technical expertise to clearly explain issues, and solutions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with employees at all levels within the company as well as with equipment manufacturers and other vendors.
- Maintain accurate records of all services performed, expenses and billable hours.
- Mentor other service technicians by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in servicing, maintenance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting, repairing engines all fuel types, including transfer switches and/or switch gear.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Able to read and work with the Electrician's Volts Multimeter.
- Familiar with working tools and standard / metric conversions measurement.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical theory and application.
- Proficient using computers and field service software.
- Work well under pressure, in all weather conditions, 24/7..
- Ability to handle multiple duties and tasks safely.
- Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment as well as a forklift in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be available and willing to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and participate in on-call rotations.
- Organized and focused, manage time well and to insure all is accomplished.
- Self-motivated, customer-service driven-technicians with a respected background of following established procedures as well as engaging in complex problem-solving to provide solutions to generator issues in the field.
- If hired, must be able to verify eligibility to work in the United States and have a valid and clean Florida Driver’s License.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Our competitive compensation package includes a company vehicle along with health/dental/vision insurance, short- & long-term disability, and vacation.