ROLE SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the outside sale of generators and other related products by contacting existing customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory.
- Customers and prospects will be contacted in person, by phone and by email to address needs for new generators and transfer switches.
- Provide immediate response to any sales inquiry from customers or prospects.
- Provide follow-up and superior customer service.
- Prepare detailed and descriptive written quotations.
- Sell Preventive Maintenance Contracts.
- Efficiently use computers, databases, and software programs to provide fast responses to customers.
- Submit timely call reports and expense reports.
- Assure a professional appearance with customers.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers to ensure long-term, repeat business.
- Communicate regularly with the Sales Manager to discuss sales leads and opportunities.
- Become a part of customer trade associations and groups to promote our company, products, and services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Industrial/Commercial Generator Sales Experience, Minimum 2 years.
- Must be Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Good mechanical knowledge of generators and transfer switches.
- Computer skills to include use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Email.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed generator written bid specifications.
- Ability to call on customers and prospects at all levels of business.
- Ability to meet people and create long-term relationships.
- Proficient at following up with customers on quotes that have been provided.
- Must work well with others and possess good people skills.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Our competitive compensation package includes a company vehicle along with health/dental/vision insurance, short- & long-term disability, and vacation.